Uploaded image for project: 'Tools (JBoss Tools)'
  1. Tools (JBoss Tools)
  2. JBIDE-19326

Error publishing jar inside utility project inside ear project - 4.3

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Done
    • Affects Version/s: 4.2.2.Final
    • Fix Version/s: 4.3.0.Alpha1
    • Component/s: server
    • Labels:
      None
    • Steps to Reproduce:
      Hide

      1. Set up a local WildFly server with FS operations (I used 8.2)
      2. Create a simple EAR project
      3. Create a dynamic web project nested in the ear project (this step is probably not necessary, but that's what I had)
      4. Create a utility project nested in the ear project
      5. In your OS, copy a big jar, e.g. the JBDS installer, into the src dir of the utility project
      6. Refresh the utility project in Eclipse to see the jar file
      7. Start the server and deploy the ear project
      8. You will see that the project will be deployed alright and the utility jar will be as big as the included jar, but there will be an error thrown - publishing has encountered a problem

      Show
      1. Set up a local WildFly server with FS operations (I used 8.2) 2. Create a simple EAR project 3. Create a dynamic web project nested in the ear project (this step is probably not necessary, but that's what I had) 4. Create a utility project nested in the ear project 5. In your OS, copy a big jar, e.g. the JBDS installer, into the src dir of the utility project 6. Refresh the utility project in Eclipse to see the jar file 7. Start the server and deploy the ear project 8. You will see that the project will be deployed alright and the utility jar will be as big as the included jar, but there will be an error thrown - publishing has encountered a problem

      Description

      While verifying JBIDE-18862 I wanted to have some really big file to deploy so that I could see is an existing *.dodeploy marker is removed before the copying begins.
      So I created an ear project with a nested dynamic web project and utility project. Inside this utility project's src dir I copied JBDS installer jar. Then I tried to deploy the ear to a WildFly 8.2 server (both stopped and running).
      It seemed to work, the utility jar had 574 MB. But the tooling showed me this error:
      Publishing to wildfly has encountered a problem:

      Error renaming /Volumes/Data/jbossqa/wildfly-8.2.0.Final/standalone/tmp/tmp582268190747176162.jar to /Volumes/Data/jbossqa/wildfly-8.2.0.Final/standalone/deployments/earproj.ear/lib/utilproj.jar/jboss-devstudio-8.0.2.GA-v20150114-2029-B382-installer-standalone.jar. 
      
      This may be caused by incorrect file permissions, or your server's temporary deploy directory may be on a different filesystem than the final destination.
      
      You may adjust these settings in the server editor.
      

      It's true that this was on a different FS, but both the tmp and deploy dirs were one FS, so that should be fine.
      And just to be sure, I tried the same on the same FS and the error was the same:

      Error renaming /Users/rasp/jbossqa/runtimes/wildfly-8.2.0.Final/standalone/tmp/tmp7876542570838575938.jar to /Users/rasp/jbossqa/runtimes/wildfly-8.2.0.Final/standalone/deployments/earproj.ear/lib/utilproj.jar/jboss-devstudio-8.0.2.GA-v20150114-2029-B382-installer-standalone.jar. 
      
      This may be caused by incorrect file permissions, or your server's temporary deploy directory may be on a different filesystem than the final destination.
      
      You may adjust these settings in the server editor.
      

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

                People

                • Assignee:
                  rob.stryker Rob Stryker
                  Reporter:
                  mmalina Martin Malina
                • Votes:
                  0 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  1 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved: