I'm running JBoss Developer Studio 8.0.0.Beta3 with JBoss OpenShift Tools 2.6.0.Beta3-v20140718-1935-B44 on x86_64 jdk1.7.0_67 on Windows 7. I have also installed WildFly 8.1.0.Final locally and created an OpenShift application with Wildfly 8.1 cartridge .
When I create a Dynamic Web Project with Servlet API 3.1, I can deploy it to my local WildFly 8.1 instance from within Eclipse as well as use git push to deploy it to an OpenShift application. However, if I try to add the same project to the same Openshift application from within Eclipse, I get a message that "The server does not support version 3.1 of the J2EE Web module specification." Please, note that even though I cannot change version of project facet Dynamic Web Module to 3.0 on the same project, I was able to successfully deploy from within Eclipse a different project that was created with Servlet API 3.0.
- open JBoss Developer Studio with a new workspace
- File > Import > Maven > Existing Maven Projects > path-to-jbide18364-dir > check all and ok
- locate "wildfly" cartridge , provide a URL and create a new OpenShift application
- create a connection to your Openshift account on the "OpenShift Explorer" view
- find your newly created application and right click on it in order to import the app and create a server
- on the Servers tab, right click the newly created server and select "Add and Remove"
- select the "default" app and observe that it can be moved to the right column
- select the "helloworld" app and observe that it cannot be moved to the right column because of the "The server does not support version 3.1 of the J2EE Web module specification" error