Status: Verified (View Workflow)
Crashrecovery testsuite could be used for reproducing the issue (the method rmerrWithRecovery at org.jboss.as.test.jbossts.crashrec.jca.test.JcaInflowTransactionTestCase needs to be unignoredCrashrecovery testsuite could be used for reproducing the issue (the method rmerrWithRecovery at org.jboss.as.test.jbossts.crashrec.jca.test.JcaInflowTransactionTestCase needs to be unignored mvn clean verify -am -pl jbossts -DfailIfNoTests= false -fn -Djbossts.noJTA -Dtest=JcaInflowTransactionTestCase#rmerrWithRecovery
I hit a trouble similar to
JBEAP-5638 but in this case for JTS. I'm not able to recover heuristic transaction for scenario
- test client sends prepare command
- test client sends commit command
- first XAResource commits, secondXAResource throws XAException#XAER_RMERR on commit start
- test client gets error code XAException#XA_HEURMIX
- now the transaction participant is in heuristic state
- tried to commit the created txn -> fails as in heuristic and can't be operated
- using :recover command for the transaction participant
- tried to commit the txn -> expecting the commit succeed and txn is committed
There are two troubles. First is NullPointerException is thrown during a try to commit transaction in heuristic state .
Second is not possible to read transaction participant from object store via jboss-cli commands (even when expose-all-logs is used) and that way it's not possible to call recover the participant in heuristic state.