We currently know that people are using JBDS/JBoss Tools but not specifically which features people are actively using. Our key base metric is "daily usage".
Areas worth tracking include (in priority order):
- Use of the OpenShift Wizard to successful completion vs error
- Use of the archetypes on JBoss Central (adding Hybrid/Cordova in JBDS 8)
- Successful installation of the features found on Software/Update tab of JBoss Central
- Use of the JSF/RichFaces Visual Page Editor
- Use of the Hibernate Tooling
- Use of the jQuery Mobile Palette
- Use of BrowserSim
- Use of CordovaSim
Ideally, we would be able to distinguish between a single "hit" (end-user opened the tool) vs active usage (end-user spent repeatedly using the tool)
Our metric gathering service should be "scalable" enough to allow for tracking of the individual SOA features such as Drools, jBPM, Switchyard, Camel, etc in the future.