List of enhancements that didn't make it into 8.0:
- Transaction support.
- Verify locks are acquired for all operations (once tx is in place, locks can be checked easily)
- Complete persistence support (remove many returning previous, put many returning previous, remove many)
- Replication of per-invocation parameters.
- Port mode *Becoming*Test to functional APIs, and expand on testing other functional APIs.
- Test interoperability with cache, e.g. cache put with lifespan can be retrieved via functional map with lifespan, and viceversa
- Test compatibility mode
- Add more listener events: activation, passivation and expiration.
- Use check isLocal instead of `e == null` in command impls
- Fix branch skip issue (see previous PR: https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/3571)
- Add externalizers for primitive versions of Optional.
- ValueMatcherMode indexes in MarshallableFunctionExternalizers should be based on ordinal() calls to annotation. Also, could the core's enumeration use the annotations defined in commons?
- Add AdvancedExternalizer version for functions that takes value matcher
- Complete support for MetaCreated and MetaLastUsed (which should be separated into MetaLastModified and MetaLastAccessed)
|AutoCloseable return from adding listeners can be clunky to use||New||Unassigned|
|Persistence support in functional API||New||Unassigned|