- maxDepth was renamed to includeDepth; this may affect the mapping code for Remote Query in particular. PR: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/pull/2337
- If Infinispan calls SearchResult#totalHitCount() anywhere, then it should now call total().hitCount() instead. totalHitCount is deprecated.
- Some SPI interfaces related to the type model have changed and Infinispan implementation may not compile anymore. I recommend changing the Infinispan implementation the same way we changed another mapper bundled with Search (see the attached diff). An added benefit: with these changes, embedded mode will support annotations on both methods and fields (which was supported in 5 but was dropped during the migration to Search 6).
- IndexFieldDescriptor now exposes a multiValuedInRoot() method, which I was told would be very useful to Infinispan, which currently has to go through some hoops to compute that value based on the multi-valued-ness of a field *and its parents*.
- Timeouts are now forwarded to the entity loader. If Infinispan defines an entity loader when loading hits as entities instead of projections (and it probably should), some changes may be necessary in this area. PR: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/pull/2333
Optionally, the new "total hit count threshold" could be used to improve performance in Infinispan, but that should probably be addressed a follow-up ticket.