There are space for small improvements in GUI/CLI that think will improve user experience. This is based on feedback from customers I have been working on.
- In runtime -> manage deployments -> the filter textfield, case insensitive and filter by any string, not only in the beginning. Sort by name or runtime name ?
- In Hosts -> server configuration or server groups -> java properties, sort by case insensitive and filter by any string
- In Hosts -> server configuration or server groups -> java properties, edit java property, currently only add/remove is supported. This is useful when there are lots of similar properties names and user must modify it, this is faster than remove/add. In background this can be a remove/add operation.
- in runtime -> server status -> environment the filter textfield, case insensitive and filter by any string, not only in the beginning.
- show deployment meta information: date and time of deployment (in fact the date and time of the "content" file in data/content/ hashed directory), also shows the hashed string. Also displays the web context name. Perhaps if pom.properties is present, display its content. Must discuss it.
- when assign a deployment, the support to assign to multiple groups, user must press ctrl click, this is not intuitive at first. Perhaps adding a small help text saying that, should help.
- in runtime -> overview, displays the HC and servers address and port.
- in runtime -> manage deployments, shows a hint, the application is disabled for some group. If any application is disabled, it is not displayed, can lead user to think there are deployment error, but the fact is that the application is disabled.
- In profile -> datasource, add a filter by any string and case insensitive sort. When there are many datasources, the filter makes it easy to navigate.
- In runtime -> server status -> datasource subsystem, provide a way to test datasources (invoke the :test-connection-in-pool operation) for all datasources or individually. This is useful when creating new environments and all datasources are created, and want to test them.