Since some of our requirements from the ACM team will not be available for the 4.12 timeframe, the team should work on anything we can get done in the scope of the console repo so that when the required items are available in 4.13, we can be more nimble in delivering GA content for the Unified Console Epic.
Overall GA Key Objective
Providing our customers with a single simplified User Experience(Hybrid Cloud Console)that is extensible, can run locally or in the cloud, and is capable of managing the fleet to deep diving into a single cluster.
Why customers want this?
- Single interface to accomplish their tasks
- Consistent UX and patterns
- Easily accessible: One URL, one set of credentials
Why we want this?
- Shared code - improve the velocity of both teams and most importantly ensure consistency of the experience at the code level
- Pre-built PF4 components
- Accessibility & i18n
- Remove barriers for enabling ACM
Phase 2 Goal: Productization of the united Console
- Enable user to quickly change context from fleet view to single cluster view
- Add Cluster selector with “All Cluster” Option. “All Cluster” = ACM
- Shared SSO across the fleet
- Hub OCP Console can connect to remote clusters API
- When ACM Installed the user starts from the fleet overview aka “All Clusters”
- Share UX between views
- ACM Search —> resource list across fleet -> resource details that are consistent with single cluster details view
- Add Cluster List to OCP —> Create Cluster