Single Node Console
OCPPLAN-5819 - Single Node OpenShift - "Production Edge" - 4.8 - dev-preview
Telco 5G RAN
- Support running console in single-node OpenShift configurations for production use in edge computing use cases.
- Support disabling the console entirely in some of these configurations to reduce overhead in constrained environments.
Why is this important?
- Some bare metal edge customers, especially in the telco market, want to use kubernetes at physically remote sites with minimal hardware.
- As a user, I want to deploy a fully supported instance of OpenShift on a single node.
- CI - MUST be running successfully with tests automated
- Release Technical Enablement - Provide necessary release enablement details and documents.
- console can be deployed with a single replica
Dependencies (internal and external)
Previous Work (Optional):
- Should the console configuration API have a separate option for this setting, or should it use the API created from
- CI - CI is running, tests are automated and merged.
- Release Enablement <link to Feature Enablement Presentation>
- DEV - Upstream code and tests merged: <link to meaningful PR or GitHub Issue>
- DEV - Upstream documentation merged: <link to meaningful PR or GitHub Issue>
- DEV - Downstream build attached to advisory: <link to errata>
- QE - Test plans in Polarion: <link or reference to Polarion>
- QE - Automated tests merged: <link or reference to automated tests>
- DOC - Downstream documentation merged: <link to meaningful PR>