As part of Enterprise OSGi there is a JPA specification that we would like to have support for.
This issue is the entry point for the initial implementation.
Apache OpenJPA - http://openjpa.apache.org/ Apache OpenJPA is a Java persistence project. It is related to Aries as a JPA persistence provider, including entity scanning and enhancement. The Aries project will make it easy for JPA persistence providers such as OpenJPA to be used in an OSGi environment and will provide container managed persistence for the Blueprint container.
The subprojects will be created with the following initial IP components and donating companies:
- Blueprint Service Implementation — SpringSource
- Web Container Integration code — SpringSource
- JPA Integration code for EclipseLink — Oracle
- Implementation of JMX Mbeans and composite data types — Oracle
- Derby JDBC Service Implementation — Oracle
- JNDI Service Integration code — Oracle