Goal: Update OCP 4.11 to the latest version of Kubernetes - 1.24
The following repository must be updated to the latest Kubernetes:
- library-go, apiserver-library-go, client-go, api
- origin (kube-apiserver, kube-controller-manager, kube-scheduler, kubelet)
- devex team: openshift-controller-manager
- workload team: oc, kube-controller-manager
- node team: kubelet
The following repositories should be updated to latest Kubernetes:
- authentication-operator, service-ca
Why is this important:
- Customers demand we provide the latest stable version of Kubernetes.
- Updating the kubernetes level and upstream participation represents a significant portion of the API&Auth team’s workload. This is the first time we will do a rebase in a split origin repository.
- Other scrum teams need to be made aware of current/future changes that might affect the work and/or planning that they are doing.
OpenShift/Kubernetes Update Sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KYptJkDB1z8_RYCQVBYDjdTlRfyoXILMa0Fg8tnNlY/edit#gid=396349140