When using this archetype, the "pom.xml" of the root project points to JBoss 8.2.1 / WildFly 9.0.0Alpha1
After changing the versions to WildFly 11, several additional changes are necessary. I suggest to add at least some comments about necessary changes. It would be even better to upgrade the archetype to a more recent WildFly version .
In "pom.xml" of the root project:
- Dependeny "jboss-javaee-7.0-with-tools" has to be changed to artifactId = "wildfly-javaee7-with-tools".
- Dependency "jboss-javaee-7.0-with-hibernate" does not seem to exist any longer
So, add a comment to those dependencies about error messages when switching to a new WildFly version and about the necessary changes. This comment should contain the new snippet.
In "pom.xml" of the web project:
- Dependeny with groupId = "org.jboss.resteasy", artifactId="jaxrs-api" was changed to groupId = "org.jboss.spec.javax.ws.rs", artifactId = "jboss-jaxrs-api_2.0_spec" (WFLY-4128)
In "pom.xml" of the ejb project:
- Test dependency with groupid = "org.wildfly", artifactId = "wildfly-arquillian-container-managed": the groupId is "org.wildfly.arquillian" (changed beetween 8.1.0 and 11.)
- Test dependency with groupid = "org.wildfly", artifactId = "wildfly-arquillian-container-remote": the groupId is "org.wildfly.arquillian"
Additionally, it would be helpful if the web project contains the dependencies with groupId = "org.jboss.spec.javax.ejb" and artifactId = "jboss-ejb-api_3.2_spec" (for use of the "@EJB" annotation in e.g. servlets or JFS components) and groupId = "org.jboss.spec.javax.servlet", artifactId = "jboss-servlet-api_3.1_spec" (for being able to code servlets).