The ERD has items about making projects and archetypes (are they the same thing?) available offline.
This is what I understand so far ...
At the moment:
- If offline then 'start from sample' quickstarts give 'no internet connectivity' warning so need to be online to use them (
- If offline then 'start from scratch' wizards give maven repo error and just fail
- User doesn't need to be online to install JBDS
In the future:
- Going to store project wizards offline in some way so user can still use when offline (
JBDS-2556, JBDS-2535, JBDS-2543)
- Eventually will be a 'make central available offline' button to allow users to cache the wizards/quickstarts they need (
- If user doesn't have a plug-in installed, such as OpenShift Tools, wizard will still show in central but on clicking wizard user will be prompted to install necessary plug-in (
JBIDE-13987) which will be available offline
Okay - so what have I got wrong? what further developments have there been? I want to get the progress so far documented in the user guide.