Steps to test:
- Get OpenShift account here: https://www.openshift.com/
- Add application, use EAP, choose public URL and such - initial app will be created and deployed.
- Should you need to create a SSH key follow this link.
- GIT repository was created and is accessible, link is visible via "My Applications" tab - copy it to your local machine.
- Obtain a .war file of the Showcase application here
- Go to GIT repo and delete pom.xml file (initial project will not be build then) and src folder and copy .war file into deployment folder
- Commit the changes from repository folder using following commands:
- git add -A
- git commit -m "some message"
- git push
- The application will deploy and you can access it using link visible under "My Applications" tab
NOTE: Sometimes during push there might be a failure (error in demultiplexer, app gear wont be able to restart). This is not connected to Showcase or RichFaces, its rather a problem with small gear (not being sufficient) or openshift or corrupted git repo. Simpliest solution is to delete the application and repeat the whole process.