HyperShift is being consumed by multiple providers. As a result, the need for documentation increases especially around infrastructure/hardware/resource requirements, networking, ..
Before the GA of Hosted Control Planes, we need to know/document:
- What Infrastructure is managed by HCP?
- What are the hardware requirements/prereqs for a hosted cluster?
- What infrastructure resources get created by Kubernetes/OpenShift during hosted cluster lifecycle?
- What networking requirements exist, e.g., open ports?
- What are storage requirements?
- What default quota limits are there (e.g., EIP default limits per region)?
The above questions are answered for all platforms we support, i.e., we need to answer for
- [x] AWS
- [x] Baremetal via the agent
- [x] KubeVirt