Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Do
This is a placeholder JIRA for a possible implementation/artifact. It has neither any formal planning nor priority set and it might not happen at all.
Mod_cluster project comprises two kinds of actors: balancers and workers.
Currently there are three balancer implementations:
- mod_proxy_cluster module for Apache HTTP Server
- Undertow mod_cluster filter that could be used both in Undertow embedded and in Wildfly application server
- mod_proxy_cluster Nginx implementation
There are these worker implementations:
- JBoss AS 5 / mod_cluster.sar worker implementation, Abandoned/Legacy
- JBoss AS7 mod_cluster subsystem, Legacy
- Wildfly application server, Current
- Tomcat 6.0/7.0/8.0, Legacy
- Tomcat 8.5/9.0, Current
In addition to those, we would like to see mod_cluster worker login implemented for additional web servers, such as:
- Go net/http, i.e. Go web servers (mostly for REST APIs)
- Undertow embedded
- Undertow standalone (
There should be a mod_cluster worker library that would enable Undertow, both in its embedded and standalone (
UNDERTOW-1356) flavour to act as a worker, i.e. to report to another mod_cluster balancer (either httpd, Nginx or another Undertow instance).