Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 2.0.0.Final
Fix Version/s: 2.5.0.CR1
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create Docker environment with MySQL server and MySQL preconfigured Keycloak
- Enter admin console
- Create user with name Mściwy Żółw
- The name after saving is M?ciwy ?ó?w
User's data fields like names change all characters not encodable with ISO-8859-1 to question marks.
- This occurs only when connected to MySQL
- The columns created in DB by Keycloak are latin1-encoded
- Manual change of column in DB to UTF-8 allows to write special characters in DB and read in Keycloak, but not write in Keycloak
- Change of default DB encoding with flags to UTF-8 causes Keycloak to fail on startup, see logs
- Change of default Wildfly encoding to UTF-8 doesn't do anything
The full conversation is on mailing list.