Uploaded image for project: 'Keycloak'
  1. Keycloak
  2. KEYCLOAK-19869

Upgrade keycloak from v6 to v14 failed due to db lock

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Blocker
    • Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
    • None
    • None
    • Storage
    • NEW
    • NEW

    Description

      We're trying to upgrade our keycloak instance from 6.0.1 to 14.0.0.

      We are running keycloak in kubernetes via helm chart.

      And we are using postgresql 12.7 as our database.

      We have successfully upgraded to 14.0.0 in our test environment. But when we were trying to rollout to production, it failed. We got the attached container(3).log error in our container.

       

      When I was watching the log, I found it always stuck at line

      05:20:14,021 INFO  [org.keycloak.connections.jpa.updater.liquibase.LiquibaseJpaUpdaterProvider] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 67) Updating database. Using changelog META-INF/jpa-changelog-master.xml 

      for a couple of miniutes and then throws the exception.

      I've tried increasing DB_QUERY_TIMEOUT, and it didn't help.

      I've also tried disabling preloadOfflineSessionsFromDatabase by modifying standalone-ha.xml directly inside the container, and it didn't help either.

       

       

       

       

      Attachments

        Activity

          People

            Unassigned Unassigned
            angeloudy TAO ZHOU (Inactive)
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            3 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: