The issue is that on initial view when templates are not being filtered, it should allow you to see all templates, not just those that are annotated with 'tags'
- Using the cli, create templates on the server (e.g. osc create -f <filename> -n <project>)
- create a template on the server that has the annotation 'tags' (e.g. https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/examples/sample-app/application-template-stibuild.json)
- create a template on the server that does not have the annotation 'tags' (e.g. https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/examples/sample-app/application-template-dockerbuild.json)
- Create a new application by right-clicking a project in the explorer view 'New->Application'
- Verify both both template are visible under the <project> node
- Type 'ruby' in the filter text field
- Verify the list of template changes to filter out the non-tagged (e.g. https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/examples/sample-app/application-template-dockerbuild.json)