1. Proposed title of this feature request
Multiple domain controller for a true HA
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account name: (Acct. # ) Bank Of America, National Association (SFDC 604834)
SRM customer: NO
Strategic Customer: YES
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
The Customer would like to achieve a true HA, after a failure of a DC -once the fail DC is brought back online a seamless transactions of all the previous changes/content to be sync to the failure DC
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
If a fail DC is brought back online then any changes made to the (master-backup) is not persisted once master-backup is unpromoted and it is an expected behaviour. Once we make the old DC the real master again, it only knows about its local config/deploys. This would probably incorporate ideas about how to have multiple Domain Controller, primary and secondary DC
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Add a feature to EAP allow multiple DC, so that the if a DC fails any new DC will automagically sync to the latest config/content,
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Start EAP in Domain mode(DC1), add another DC(DC2) see if DC2 receive the changes of DC1 -take DC1 offline make changes in add content and configs changes to DC2 then bring back DC1 and verify changes is sync to DC1
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
It would look similiar to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/PRODMGT-626
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
Advise the customer, that it will be for EAP 7 and forward
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
EAP domain controller