Goal: to allow the Eclipse user to easily discover, pull, run, deploy my .war or .ear to it, stop, commit, push for docker images/containers.
Expected end-user flow 1:
0) Installation - assumes boot2docker pre-installed on the end-user's machine
1) I, the Java developer, need to browse a docker registry (either DockerHub or private registry), identify the image that I wish to have local and download (docker pull) for that image+tag.
2) Assumption: the docker image includes not only the operating system + JVM but also the EAP, Wildfly or Tomcat installed in a 'known' location.
3) I start (docker run) the image which auto-starts the embedded app server
4) I can then deploy my .war or .ear to the running app server
5) I can restart the running app server in debug mode and run the debugger
6) I can undeploy and redeploy my .war or .ear
7) I can stop/restart the running, embedded app server
8) I can then commit (docker commit)
9) then I can publish my changes (docker push)