We found impossible to alter config of an existed connector.
– ability to enhance table.whitelist config property of an existed container with time.
Steps we did :
- create new connector with only one table presented in table.whitelist property
- verify initial snapshot has been taken
- verify new changes were read properly from binlog
- PUT new config using PUT /connectors/(string: name)/config standard kafka-connect method. Config was exactly the same as we used at first step with just new table addition to table.whitelist property
- we noticed that config update caused graceful restart/rebalance of all existed tasks. So, the expectation was that changes were applied immediately after all tasks started again.
Existed Behaviour :
– nothing changed : topic wasn't created for newly added table and initial snapshot haven't been made for it
Expected Behavior :
– new addition to table.whitelist property had to cause initial snapshot read for new tables with appropriate topic creation and data population from binlog
|offset information should store config filter info||Closed|
|write catch-up binlog reader||Closed|
|changes to Snapshot and Binlog readers to allow for concurrent/partial running||Closed||Unassigned|